SCOTTISH TUG-OF-WAR ASSOCIATION is fully
committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children in its care. It recognises the responsibility to promote
safe practice and to protect children from harm, abuse and exploitation.
volunteers will work together to embrace difference and diversity and respect
the rights of children and young people.
SCOTTISH TUG-OF-WAR Association is commitment to protecting children.
guidelines are based on the following principles:
- The welfare of children is
the primary concern.
- All children, whatever their
age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, socio-economic
status, religious belief and/or sexual identity have the right to
protection from all forms of harm and abuse.
- Child protection is
- Children have the right to
express views on all matters which affect them,
should they wish to do so.
- Organisations shall work in
partnership together with children and parents to promote the welfare,
health and development of children.
SCOTISH TUG-OF-WAR ASSOCIATION will:
- Promote the health and welfare of children by
providing opportunities for them to take part in
Tug of War safely.
- Respect and promote the rights, wishes and
feelings of children.
- Promote and implement appropriate procedures
to safeguard the well being of children and
protect them from abuse.
- Recruit, train, support and supervise its
staff, members and volunteers to adopt best practice to safeguard and
protect children from abuse and to reduce risk to themselves.
- Require staff, members and volunteers to adopt
and abide by this Child Protection Policy and these procedures.
- Respond to any allegations of misconduct or
abuse of children in line with this Policy and these procedures as well as
implementing, where appropriate, the relevant disciplinary and appeals
- Observe guidelines issued by local Child
Protection Committees for the protection of children.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the
implementation of this Policy and these procedures.